Friday, March 26, 2021

We were incredibly blessed

After a night of rather strong winds, it appears that we came through that nasty overnight weather system relatively unscathed. The wild wind woke up me a few times, so I feel like I've been sleep deprived, but I really cannot complain. Several states went through an incredibly scary night with loss of lives and homes. I took my border collie out for run under the early morning (still dark) sky, and it was balmy and lovely, in the 60s already. 

Today looks absolutely beautiful with highs hovering around 71 degrees and sun. So, on top of weathering the system fairly well, we'll have the gift of a pretty day. I may have to hit Sonic for an Ocean Water!! I completely forgot about ordering my Peggy Ann Easter goodies, so that's at the top of the to-do list today! They're almost too cute to eat, but no worries there, we'll tuck into them, and they'll disappear quickly.

Last weekend, in the wind (yep, we could rename the Spring season the Wind season around here) we celebrated my mom's birthday. Mom wanted a lemon dessert, and when you work full time, you tend to either order your desserts from a bakery or hit the store freezer section. Now, I love  Pepperidge Farm layer cakes from the freezer, and they make a very good three-layer lemon cake. Just tart enough, good amount of frosting, and not overly sweet. So, that's what we had, and I kicked it up a notch with some seriously tacky-but-cute decorations. We hung bunting and broke in our new fire pit. 

Our beautiful boys turned three this month. I absolutely cannot believe it. Time has flown. These are the NICEST boys. I love them more than I could ever express. They reciprocate that love, and it is just the sweetest thing when Oliver gets in my lap for a nap, or Oscar comes up to me in the living room to be held over my shoulder so that we can dance. They're gorgeous, as well, and I never tire of holding them or looking at them. I'm grateful for them. We've had them since they were tiny little rescues that came along as a result of a small feral colony that had developed nearby. They are my heart.

Baby Trudy, pictured below, will turn one in mid-April, along with her two litter mates! Can you believe that??!! Isn't she gorgeous?! All the babies are overall healthy and getting plusher and chunkier every day, thank you, God! Look at that face and that pink nose. She is just beyond adorable. She stayed pretty small, so if you're thinking she doesn't look like she's going to be a year old, your eyes are not deceiving you. She's fine, I've discussed it with the doctor. She's healthy, so it's merely a genetics thing. I'm overjoyed that the babies are doing so well. They're the best reward ever for all the tears and sleepless nights and around-the-clock efforts. I couldn't be happier.

I told Lacey that today is Friday, hurrah! She cannot control her excitement, as you can see. I have no huge weekend agenda or plans, but I do need to tackle one area of the house that needs a bit of spring cleaning attention. I'm craving baked spaghetti, so I think I'll make a small pan of that to eat with salad and Parmesan garlic toast. Mmmmmm. 

I'm hoping to get in a good run today, always a joy when the temperatures are nearly perfect. Just me, my music playlist, the open trail, the breeze and the sunshine - absolute heaven on earth. I'm off to begin my day, truly looking forward to sunshine!! Blessed Friday to you. 


No comments: